Our school lunches are provided by Manchester Fayre and prepared and cooked from fresh produce on the premises everyday. We are committed to encouraging healthy eating.
At Seymour Road Academy, the cost of school lunches is £11.25 per week. Universal Free School Meals were introduced in September 2014. Pupils in Reception, Year 1 and Year 2 classes are now entitled to a free school lunch. Anyone who is entitled to free school meals MUST still apply for them as the Government is only paying for meals where there isn’t an entitlement to free school meals.
Your child can choose a main meal and a dessert from one of these 'food stations':
· Pasta point: from pasta bows and twirls to spaghetti or rice, served with various sauces.
· Sandwich station: offering a range of bread rolls and wraps with a choice of tasty fillings.
· Spud spot: jacket potatoes with a choice of hot and cold fillings.
· Cook's choice: serving popular and traditional dishes like fish pie, curry and rice, and homemade pizzas.
· The Burrito Bar: a nutritious hot sandwich meal designed for children to pick up, eat, and enjoy.
Take a look at our menu below.
At least once a month, we have a special, themed lunch to coincide with an event or occasion, like Chinese New Year, Manchester Day, or World Book Day.
Our school’s Healthy Food policy document provides further details.Please click the icon below to download a copy.